Kerala teen dies, 18 years old after eating Shawarma, suspected food poisoning

Kerala teen dies, 18 years old after eating Shawarma, suspected food poisoning

After eating shawarma at a restaurant in Kasaragod, Kerala, a 16-year-old girl died and 18 were hospitalized on Sunday on suspicion of food poisoning.

Devananda, a resident of Caliberer near Kasalagod, died in a hospital in the Kanhangad district while receiving treatment, police said.

As a result of the investigation, the case was registered for the sealed juice shop.

District medical officer AV Ram Dass said 18 students were admitted to the district hospital after becoming ill, but none were in serious condition.

“We anticipate more cases and have asked doctors and staff from other nearby medical institutions to attend Cheruvathur PHC Hospital and Neeleswaram Taluk Hospital, where they will treat people with mild problems. “People in serious condition are transferred to district hospitals,” Ram Dass told the media.