37-year-old man dies after swallowing Indian mottled eel in Bajali district

37-year-old man dies after swallowing Indian mottled eel in Bajali district

PATHSALA: An Indian mottled eel was swallowed by a man who tried to swallow it at Pathsala, in the Bajali region. According to reports, Pankaj Roy (37 years old), was the victim. He is a Joytinagar resident in Pathsala. Pankaj tried to swallow live fish in a stunt for his nephew, according to reports. Pankaj experienced difficulty breathing after the fish stuck to his throat.

His family members took him to Swahid Maqrawta Subdivisional civil Hospital at Pathsala. Following initial treatment at the hospital, doctors referred him for further care to Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College in Barpeta. He was later declared dead by the doctors due to severe stomach injuries. Doctors at the hospital encouraged people to refrain from doing such acts.

Assam: A Man Died After He Falled Into an Oil Pit in Tinsukia District

You can also watch: